Go to top
- Begin by determining how strong of a cleaning solution is needed by observing the amount of dirt present.
- If there is just a small amount of dust, then water is sufficient. If there is more significant dirt build up, such as outside-facing windows, then you may wish to mix in a mild, non-abrasive detergent with the water.
- If the surface has just a small amount of dirt, use a soft cloth moistened with water to gently wipe it away. Turn the cloth often to keep a clean side on the glass. It’s important to avoid rubbing the dirt on the surface because it can cause more scratching.
- For more significant amounts of dirt, use a cloth that is very wet with water. Gently swab the cloth on the surface and allow the water to lift the dirt and “rinse” it away.
- Once most of the dirt has been removed with the water, use a second cloth to clean the glass using the same technique described in step 3.